In 1988 The Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 314, has designated the month of October, as "Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month" and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this month. A Presidential Proclamation by Ronald Reagan did proclaim the month of October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. He call upon the people of the United States to observe this month with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities, but you almost never hear of this Awareness. I, myself, never knew of it till after our second loss.
So for the awareness of Pregnancy and Infant Loss I wish to remind people that October, is also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and that October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.
On October 15th I want to ask everyone to light a candle at 7pm in their time zone, joining in the Wave of Light. If everyone lights a candle at 7 pm and keeps it burning for one hour there will be a continuous wave of light in honor of the babies who have been loss and the families who have lost them.
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment