Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bittersweet...Hello, Goodbye

The national Share office is in the process of updating Bittersweet...Hello, Goodbye, which is a resource for planning farewell rituals when a baby dies. We want to include rituals from all religious faiths and cultural practices as well as non-denominational observances, funerals, balloon releases, walks, naming ceremonies, memorial services, even gardens that can be used to commemorate babies who have died at all stages of pregnancy or in the first few months of life. We are also looking for ideas that include a blending of two different religious and/or cultural traditions. If you would like to have a story, service, poem or song that was used at your baby's ceremony or for some reason touched your heart and comforted you in your grief included, please submit them for consideration in this very special book. We would also like to include pictures of memorial services and gardens. If there is a story behind why something is special or meaningful to you, we would like to include that as well. Bittersweet...Hello, Goodbye has become a well-known resource used by funeral directors, pastors, priests, chaplains, etc to help bereaved parents plan farewell rituals for their babies. It is also used as a resource by bereaved parents when planning these same services.

I was asked if one of my poems could be inclued in this update so I am very excited about it. I am hoping if it is inclued to get a copy as it is a book I have wanted anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment