Sunday, January 27, 2008

What couldn't I handle?

Written for Missy and Emily
~Tara Luning~

She has not seen in a while
She asks how my girl is doing
She had yet to be told
She is told of my pain and responds

"Well honey, that's ok...
GOD has a plan
and he just knew that there was something about
THAT BABY you wouldn't be able to handle,
so he took her so you wouldn't have too!"

I darn near fell on the floor.
That baby has a name you know.
That baby was my child.
What does she think I couldn't have handled about my child?

Maybe it was something I couldn't
Maybe it was that I could handle this.
This pain.
This sorrow.
I can survived this loss.

Maybe God knew my heart
He knew I would find others like me
Others who need my love
Others who need my comfort

Maybe God knew my soul
He knew I was strong and see much
He knew others needed me
He knew I needed other

Maybe it was because I could handle this
Maybe it was because I am stronger than you
Maybe it was because I could be someone’s rock
Maybe it was because now I understand more then you

"Well honey, that's ok...
GOD has a plan
and he just knew that there was something about
THAT BABY you wouldn't be able to handle,
so he took her so you wouldn't have too!"

It is that God has a plan
It isn’t that I couldn’t handle her
It is that I could handle not having her
It is that I could survive losing her

Well now she is a baby with out hurt and pain
Now I will never say such a stupid thing
Now I understand and I am stronger
God has shown again that I am a survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment