Tuesday, October 1, 2002

October is . . .

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and presently there are thirty states with proclamations declaring October 15th, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

So, I would like to ask those who read this to remember a loss of a baby and their parents. It's pure misery to be a parent, whose child has died, whether it's before or after birth. Many parents want their babies remembered, I know we do.

I have seen a joyful anguish in a father's eyes as he held our silent sons for the first and last time, knowing that moment was it, that was his hello and goodbye. I know the deep agony of being a mother of sons who can't be held or touched, who won't cry or laugh.

Our sons were pregnancy losses. They were wished for and wanted, and they are grieved for and mourned. By asking you to support and remember, I feel that I honor my sons' memory and the memory of all the little ones who were only known a short time but are dearly loved forever.

So please wear a pink and blue ribbon the month of October and support Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month; and on October 15th please remember, because each baby, even the tiniest life, is special, was wanted, was real and is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment